Sunday, August 26, 2007

Welcome!



This is our first attempt at a blog. The reason we're doing this is three-fold:
  1. I (Jobe) am the only one who is able to make updates to our family web page. Due to my work/school schedule right now, I am unable to stay on top of it as much as I would like. I'm hoping to teach Suzanne how to post here and add new photos to Shutterfly (see link to the right), so she can help me keep everything more current.
  2. It will be about 100 times less time consuming to do this than to teach her HTML (how to build/maintain a web page).
  3. It takes less time to add photos/thoughts/updates here than it does to our web page, so we're hoping to be able to update it more frequently than we did our web page.
Anyhow, we hope you enjoy our latest venture out into cyberspace. Be sure to check out the links to the right (our web page - which has not been updated recently - and our family photo album with Shutterfly - which I updated today!). I cannot make any absolute promises, but I/we hope to have new updates at least monthly.

Take care,

Jobe


UPDATE - I just received notice that our web page (www.thewestfam.com) expires September 26. We are choosing not to renew it. We will be using this site for all future updates. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

1 comment:

Marlo Peddycord Francis said...

Awesome, West family! Welcome to the blogworld. I will enjoy keeping up with you in this most modern way! :)
Hey, add my blog to your link bar if you want! www.dreamedforme.blogspot.com
I need to have one of those link thingys on mine, too. I'll get one and add your link. Big hugs to all!