I can probably count on my hands the number of country music songs I would admit to liking, and I never listen to it on the radio. About a week ago, when I was scanning through the radio stations on my way home from work, I heard a song that has become stuck in my head. I heard it again tonight on my way home from work. It's called "If You're Reading This." If you've not heard it, click "Play" below.
To me, this song drives home a point that I so often forget. Halfway around the world, soldiers are living and fighting, and some are dying in a war they may or may not believe is right. Their children are being born or maybe graduating from high school. Their lives continue at home with or without them.
Regardless of how bad my day has been for any reason, I come home to the same house where my wife and children are sleeping each and every night. I recently saw the birth of my fourth child, and I held him shortly thereafter. I was there to hear the first words and see the first steps. How fortunate am I.
Veteran's Day was Monday...it is a holiday that often gets lost in between Halloween and Christmas. We should take time to be thankful for those who serve and have served and remember them in our prayers. We should also be thankful each day we are given, that our lives were not required of us that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment